Sunday, March 23, 2014

I'm Such a Geek....

So, obviously this blog is brand new, but something I have wanted to do for YEARS. I am a graphic designer - a PRINT graphic designer... I know, old school. So this whole HTML thing is just, well... I'm in the same position as anybody else just learning how to blog. Having said that, I am excited to report that I just successfully copied and pasted html to a gadget that is now showing on my blog! (thats the geek part...)

My mission here is to have fun and promote things that are ingrained in me. Crafting is 90% of my life. When I saw a post on Craftsy, how they are promoting health through creativity, (crafting-is-my-motivation) I thought, well yes, that is how I have survived my life. There are so many instances that I have turned to crafting to express myself, decompress from the stress of a chaotic day, or out of a need to organize or simplify. I can't even begin to list the types of crafting I do. I have to categorize broadly. Yarn. Paint. Photography. Silk flowers. Sewing. Gardening. Sculpy Clay. Concrete and rocks. My projects range from 15 minute crochet scarves to all summer hardscape construction projects, like building my raised vegetable garden.







I have to say, this was one of my prouder moments. The installation is a story in itself, so by the time I got to this point and actually had vegetables growing I was PUMPED. I believe this was the first year and the seeds got a late start, so I call it the experimental garden. It only had half a growing season, but I learned ALOT about gardening and prepared for the following spring. 

I miss my garden the most. :0(  Right now, I am in an apartment, but my landlord has agreed to let me have and do whatever I want to the raised bed in front of the house. :0)  Right now, I'm just waiting for the snow to melt! In the meantime, I am doing my creative thing on my computer with writing this blog and working on a couple websites. I also have a zillion AMAZING photos from last summer that I want to publish and still need to figure out how to do that. 

....and so, the crafting continues.... 


No comments:

Post a Comment