Sunday, March 16, 2014

That is not a chewy toy!

Crocheting with a dog who thinks she's human...

I didn't create this monster, she came with the man I call Boyfriend. Fortunately for me, she's adorable and she adopted me almost imediately when we first met. Like most dogs, this one thinks she's human. She eats people food, hangs on the couch watching hockey and sleeps in a king bed. She also doesn't like dog toys, she would much rather play with something more practical, for instance, Boyfriend's socks. The dirty ones. She hasn't got a hold of mine, yet... however, she sits right next to me on the bed, licking her chops as I am waking up and trying to put them on my feet. Other things she enjoys carrying around, Uncle's wallet or cell phone, Grammy's kindle, or random pieces of junk mail. This past Christmas she helped me send out Christmas cards by parading around the living room with the cards in her mouth, one at a time.


Last summer we went to visit Grammy and she had left her knitting on the table in the living room. We were sitting on the porch enjoying the breeze when someone grabbed the ball of yarn and brought it out to us. She thinks everything is hers. 3 months later as we're huddled around the hockey game, I pulled out a crochet project I was working on and almost immediately had a 60 pound dog in my lap thinking my ball of yarn is her chewy toy. My fun fur is not a chewy toy...


No comments:

Post a Comment